Monday, February 27, 2012

2 A brief look inside my world


Hello, my name is Sophia, I'm 14 and I have a HUGE (and still growing) love and passion for anime. Anime is basically Japanese cartoons and the style of drawing. Some really popular ones are Naruto, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, and (probably THE most famous) Dragon Ball Z. 
Sailor Moon via mangamarket
I've always watched it ever since I was little (I mean LITTLE). Ever since then, I've always loved it, watched it, and drawn it!!
Naruto via girlsandanimation
I've gotten to love it to the point where I'm actually writing (and drawing) a manga (Japanese comic book consisting with the anime style of art) of my own! It's called, The Summer I Met My Psycho Family. It's about this girl who (reluctantly) travels to Chicago and meets her relatives for the first time. Little does she know that her family members are horror films' most infamous killers known to society who ALSO turn out to form their own gang together! Then, she learns dark secrets about her family that go WAAAAAAAAAAY back (I mean all the way back to the beginning of the Black Plague) which affects her. So, she has to quickly save the world from a girl who's trying to kill her and her family, learn how to fight, travel all over the U.S and SURVIVE from the police, monsters, and demons..... ALL WITHIN A SUMMER BREAK (it's six weeks for her and hence the title name). 
Pokemon via free-press-release
I thought of and wanted to do this for multiple reasons.
1. I love drawing (I think when I grow old, I'll still have a love for drawing)
2. The situation and story line was just too interesting to forget (the whole relative thing came from an inside joke)
3. I WANT to become an manga author, illustrator, and animator for anime when I grow up. 

Dragonball Z via internet
I want to publish my work online and once I do, I hope people will enjoy it!
...OH man I better start cracking on this!

((Quickly starts drawing))
Well, I better go back to the drawing board, See YA!
 ((Waves goodbye))

2 comments:

  1. My youngest sister is way into Anime! she loves going to Sakura-Con every year. Happy drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! I gotta meet her! Your sister should come down here to Comic Con! We're trying to grab tickets while we can. Oh, another great convention is down here in San Diego is called Anime Conji. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips