Tuesday, September 25, 2012

0 Techie Tuesday

Hello to the both of you still reading my posts.  It has been quite a while since the last "techie tuesday" and for that I do apologize.  Anyone with kids, a wife, a job and a dog knows there is little time for yourself.  

That said I did receive the quadcopter parts and there they sat for a good month before I was able to assemble it.  During assembly I realized I did not have a charge cable for this particular batt. connector (XT60) so then I had to order and wait for the man in the rowboat to make his way from Hong Kong.  During this time I finally was able to perform a basic setup of the ESC's and flight controller to where it would hover.  Then the batt. died and further tweaking would have to wait.  Last week the charge cable arrived and the breaking began.  This is a bad habit of mine.  So now it sits in the garage looking pitiful, licking its wounds.  I'm starting to question the durability of the molded arms which has spurred me to search for a better solution.  

(Sorry no pics of the build and crash at this time...I'll have some in the next post)

My search yielded several desirable frames all of which are serious (read quality) dedicated FPV rigs.  

  
HoverThings HT-FPV


QAV500 FPV Quadcopter Frame v1.1

fpvmanuals QAV500 FPV Quadcopter Frame v1.1
Quadrixette 40 
eyefly Quadrixette 40
 
Team Black Sheep TBS Discovery
 
FrankenQuad Zombie v2

 
FrankenQuad Plankenstein

 I have made a decision as to which frame will fill the role of FPV master of the spy sky which I will reveal in next week's post. 

 I will post next week...no really I will.  

Stay tuned

no$mike
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips