Tuesday, March 6, 2012

4 wrap dress #02

Pattern: Vogue #7748 (vintage)
Fabric: cotton/linen blend
*******************************
I love this dress. Simple, clean, utilitarian and modern. This is a totally "go-to" dress. Throw it on with a cute cardi and a pair of boots or strappy sandals and BOOM... you're ready to take on the day!  


I like the drape of this fabric. It's a linen/cotton blend and it has nice sheen to it. It hangs really well on the body and surprisingly it doesn't wrinkle that much. My only complaint is that it feels a bit scratchy. Not the softest fabric. Maybe time and several washings should do the trick.
I don't have any pics of me in it at the moment, but I do plan to take it with me to on our vacation, so hopefully I'll remember to take a few photos of me.
OH... I saw this today. This is awesome... we all need to sew a  little something for ourselves now and then. Check out what Sewing in No Man's Land and Kojo Designs are doin' this month!
C'mon ladies... get to sewin' and sew yourself something lovely!
***


If you haven't seen my first wrap dress, you can see it here. I'll be back for more dresses to share... yippee!!!

4 comments:

  1. this is lovely! i wish a wrap dress looked decent on me ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wha? Pish-posh woman! I think you'd look sexy... you just need the right pattern...

      Delete
  2. I agree! This is the exact kind of dress that you always need to have on hand because it is so versatile and can go with anything. I definitely need more of them! Now... if only I could find someone to buy them for me!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie! Ha-ha.. yah, if you find that person can you let me know? I need someone to buy me some shoes! ;)

    Thanks for following!
    BIG hug!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips