Tuesday, July 30, 2013

16 Wiksten Overdue

I'm reaching into the vault here and I'm finally showing my Wiksten tops.
*eesh*
I made this over a year ago. I know-I know! So late. When I saw Irene's Nani Iro version (back in November) I even commented that I was going to share mine soon. Shame on me. 
So here is my Nani Iro Wiksten. Double gauze and extra yummy. I made it into a dress, but after a few wears and pairing it with tights, the fabric would cling to the tights. Not a pretty sight.
So the answer to my problem... I'm gonna chop the length, make it into a top and if there's enough leftover, I'll make a skirt for Lala. If not a skirt than a scarf. *ugh* The thought of cutting this wonderful fabric makes my tummy turn...Oh the carnage!!!

Okay... now this one is even older than other one, but I had to show you it.
All lace with lining only in the front. Woohoo! A little bit of sexy doesn't hurt.
HA!
That's me being a dork. It's so awkward taking pictures. Thank God my photographer is just as big of a dork as me.
*note to self: wear shoes.*
***






16 comments:

  1. Wowowowow! Gorgeous Wikstens! I love lacey one, it looks so good on you. Sexy! And I made a dress for ME with naniIRO yesterday too! Ha! What a coincidence! Waiting for sharing photo on Flickr:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh... don't you just love Nani Iro fabric?! SO yummy! Yes... I already downloaded on Flickr! ;)

      Delete
  2. they are both AWESOME. I made a tova top in the winter, and I love your idea of the lace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelley! Was it you that made a pair of shorts in this lace? The shorts was gorgeous...

      Delete
  3. awesome Wikstens! better late than never. Where did you get the blue lacey fabric? Is it stretchy? p.s. great poses! ;)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi jen! Yes, it's stretch lace fabric. I got it at Yardage Town, a local fabric shop. :) Ha-ha! Thanks... I crack myself up sometimes!

      Delete
  4. Yours is sooooo very pretty! That is the first Nani Iro print that I fell in love with. I like the sexy lace back on you--I might attempt it myself, probably a year or 2 from now when I actually get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! The lace one is my "when I'm feelin' skinny" top. Goes great with my "I'm feelin' skinny" jeans! ;) HA! I'll check back with you in about 2 years...

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness I LOVE them! And a scarf in that fabric will still be yummy!! Now I need to go make some more of these....I LOVE the lace idea, that's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HAVE to use every inch of that nano IRO fabric... it's too yummy to let it go to waste. I know... pretty soon we'll be heading into cooler "Wiksten" weather. YAY! You gotta try the lace!

      Delete
  6. Love! They are both gorgeous and in gorgeous fabrics. The captions on the last pic are cracking me up :)
    Heidi @ handmadefrenzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so ridiculous whenever I take photos of myself. Seriously... someone's gotta do a post on posing, cause I need to be edu-ma-cated!

      Delete
  7. So gorgeous Venus! I love that Nani Iro fabric - made a 3y top in it a few weeks ago. And you're such a pretty lady - you should post selfish sewing pics lore often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the blue one!! Mostly after the pose!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! You are rocking the Tova, Venus!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both SO gorgeous, Venus! I love the Nani Iro fabric on you but agree the tunic length on the lace one looks really great/is more figure flattering. Can't waste that Nani Iro though!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips